Saturday, June 23, 2012

Some Random Medievalists at Kalamazoo (finally!)

My many apologies to those of you who kindly posed for me at Kalamazoo this year and have been waiting with baited breath for your visage to appear on this blog.  At last, I have resolved my difficulties with the iCloud, and I'm sure an agent will be phoning you up this week.


Tom Burton  Someone else (please, someone, send me a name!) of the Chaucer Studio, where one can buy a multitude of different performances of Middle English (and other medieval language) texts.



Michelle Sauer, eminent professor from the University of North Dakota, who almost let me die in a cab this spring, but whose book on the Lesbian Premodern, which I received in the mail this week, is cool enough to make up for it.



This grinning gent is Christopher M. Roman from Kent State University-Tuscarawas, and I'm damned lucky I took a photo of his badge so that I could learn to spell that.




These ladies should contact me because I lost their names, but they are part of the Goliardic Society that sells us our t-shirts, mugs and sundry items every spring so I couldn't leave them out.  Where else can you buy shirts that pun in multiple medieval languages?


Sandra Sadowski of Medievalists.net seems a bit reluctant to pose for me, but she could be reacting to the wine.



And here is Brian Gaskell, who is not at all reluctant, but then again he's member of the John Gower Society, and you can't trust those guys at all. Rick McDonald, who is more trustworthy than he looks and certainly more so than my memory on a morning when I have had no coffee.



Finally, I'd like to apologize to Susannah Chewning, as I took multiple photos of her, but every single one of them turned out too blurry to post.  Either she's too quick for me, or she's a vampire.  Either way, one doesn't mess with Susannah.

2 comments:

  1. I did almost let you die :( But you've made up for reminding me, continuously, by calling me "eminent." And Susannah is a vampire. I have proof.
    Michelle

    PS: That is Rick McDonald from Utah Valley College, not Brian Gastle from Western Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is not Tom Burton.

    ReplyDelete