Monday, November 11, 2013

Real Conversations with Mom: Knocking Things Over

Mom:  I would like you to do me a favor.  Would you do that?  Do your mother a favor?

Me:  I might.  It depends on the favor.

Mom:  You are so suspicious.

Me:  You are my mother.

Mom:  Okay, I don't like the way you said that, so I'm going to ignore it.  Could you please stop knocking things off of the shelf in the hallway? 

Me:  Yes, I could do that.  But only under one condition.

Mom:  I do not want to hear about conditions.

Me:  I will stop knocking things off of that shelf if you stop putting things on it.

Mom:  It's a shelf!  You're supposed to put things on a shelf, not knock things off.

Me:  Yes, but I am a big klutz.  If you put things on a shelf, I will knock them off.  Probably lots of times.

Mom:  This is bullsh*t!  I want you to stop knocking things off of the shelf!  You are a grown woman.  Learn not to walk into things!

Me:  I really don't think that's in any way possible.  No, I can't.  The only way I could stop walking into things would be to stop walking.

Mom:  Fine!  Stop walking in the hallway.

Me:  But...

Mom:  I do not want to hear it!  If you can't stop knocking things off of that shelf, then you cannot walk in the hallway anymore.  The Queen has spoken!

Me:  No one ever talked to me this way in Special Gym.

Mom:  Maybe they should have!

No comments:

Post a Comment