Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Technical Difficulties

Greetings, oh, readers of mine!  Today has not been a happy day.  Today has been a day of technical difficulties.  This morning I bent a spade in half, and then a wheel came off of my garbage can and rolled around desultorily before collapsing with exhaustion in a compost pile.

That was not an enjoyable sight.

Then I came to work and, well, there are computers here, and they are not doing what they are supposed to do, or, rather, they are only doing what humans tell them to do, and humans are apparently telling them to frak with my life.  Repeatedly.

Luckily, when the machines let you down, there is always human contact to billow you up, and today's billowiness comes from my beloved mother, who left a note in my lunch.  Looking at it, I thought, "More adults should get notes from their parents in their lunches.  And cute little indecipherable drawings.  I know!  I will billow up everyone's mood by sharing a collection of napkins from Mom!"  And as it was thought, so it is done.  Enjoy!

Mom's happiness on Mondays can be disconcerting

Mom had an injured hand and wanted me to think of her suffering
Mom does not approve of Black Friday
Mom does approve of Spike the Cat
And Mom likes to leave warnings when I get out of hand

2 comments:

  1. I was up all night with a 30 year old python in my bed mouthbreathing and wheezing all night. This morning she's vomiting up water she just drank.

    So your day could be worse. I love your mom's goofy napkins. Thanks. I needed the smile.

    ReplyDelete